Fi

Hello. You're probably here because I'm avoiding you and you want to know what I'm up to. Well, I'm avoiding you.




Layout : CRUSHthespeaker
Blogger : 53-percent






learning festival
Sunday, April 01, 2007 5:11 PM


Yesterday was learning fest. Totally zero atmosphere, unlike the funfair last year. I guess the learning fest did not have the amount of preparation that the funfair had but it was a little disappointing though. Speaking of preparation, i love the feeling of planning something wayway before the actual thing happens and being part of the planning/organising effort.

Anyway. I went to school at 7am to practice for house mass dance. This was the first time that most of us heard the music and everyone was confused, so we were dancing weirdly and flustered-ly. Heh. But we're smart people, so we caught up in the end.

So after that I went back up to class and talked to Felicia, Weiling, Xinxin, Ashley and people while we were browsing through the ij-tp yearbook. The weather was terrible. I mention the above fact because I want to boast about the new fan that I bought for school because sitting next to the door is UGH. The heat can kill me. And the war over the existing standing fan is too much. I can't be bothered to get up from my seat to adjust the postition of the fan so that it can blow everyone( by everyone, I mean Elizabeth, Xinxin, Emi, Weiling, Ashley, Jeanne, Varshini and myself. You can imagine.) So. I <3 my fan.

After all the laughter and talking, Felicia went to sleep. Weiling and Ashley went somewhere else. So Xinxin and I went to walk around the school and I bought bubble tea and cookies. The cookies were D to the E to the L-I-C-I-O-U-S. Haha. After that I went up to class again before going for Abigail Sin's recital. It was really cool. And her fingers are like, super fast and strong. I think they should be insured. Haha.

After the recital, I rushed down to the basketball court to do the last-minute rehearsal for mass dance. I was getting cold feet just thinking about the actual performance. But anyway, when we actually went up to do it, the music didn't work. It was the ultimate drama scene. But Felissa handled it very well and we did Pankhurst cheers to push our spirits up and finally Iylia got the music going and we did the dance. It was fun!

When we finished, I ran like mad to the arts conservertory and sat in the leeweisong workshop for like 8 minutes and then ran like mad again to the hall for reel art. While I was in my mad rush to the arts con, I was screaming instructions into my phone to Xinxin who was supposed to gather everyone with props and costumes to the hall in case I couldnt make it on time to the hall. And thankfully, everything went well. Xinxin was superb. Thanks a lot! I was freaking out so much in the arts con that Huiping patted my back many times and asked me to calm down and slow down. It was such a frenzy.

Reel art was a disaster. But we pulled it off nonetheless. The script and the parade for Joy Luck Club was changed like a zillion times and thank God for Cecilia who came in to help. In the end we took Ying Ying St. Clair and Jing Mei Woo out of the parade and added in a mahjong table and a funny "pung!" at the end. I was the narrator and the first part of the narration I had to call out to all the pure lit students and I was afraid that no one would raise their hands. But then, Emi, Nadiah, Jolene and other people from our class were there and they very sportingly raised their hands. Haha I love them! If they didnt raise their hands I think I would just stand rooted to the ground and not say anything. And I kept laughing throughout the narration which is the ultimate no-no for any narration or speech or public speaking for that matter. And the worst part is, that Yasmin and Cecil kept reminding me beforehand that the narration was the only thing that we coiuld bank on to win this thing but I just screwed the freaking thing up. In the end, C2, C3 and S3 got into the top three and C2 won. So.

After all that mess, I went up to the hall and watched the keller and fry mass dance. And after that, I stayed in the hall and listened to music from yasmin's phone with yasmin and xinxin. Finally we had the final assembly where they screened photos and videos of the day's happenings and gave out prizes to the photo-taking plus hat competitions. That was all. Haha. Okay byebye.