|
fajlskja
Friday, May 25, 2007 3:35 PM
It's the last day of school! And these few days/ weeks have been spent playing daidi and more daidi with people whom i shall not name in case some teachers read this. Apparently, after these games, I have come to agree even more with my initial thinking that GAMBLING IS NOT GAMBLING WHEN THERE'S NO MONEY. I mean, if you say that playing with poker cards without money is gambling, then shouldn't Uno be considered gambling too? How about Old Maid then? It's just the ridiculous stereotyping of the cards that tell us, "Oh, poker cards are associated with gambling. So if you're playing with them, you're a gambler." How stupid is that?! I mean, people bet/gamble on anything and everything, so who's going to say I'm not gambling when I play Uno with money, or that I'm gambling when I play poker cards without money? It's funny that we're biased against certain card games just because some idiot from some other century first played that particular card game with money and somehow passed it down the generations to the present and hence created this silly stigma about it. So, really, there's nothing wrong with playing with poker cards/whatever game that is associated with gambling/casinos. And the government wants to build IR somemore. I mean, they're definitely going to earn money from all that IR thing, so why deny us some innocent fun?
Enough of defending the poor, defenseless, sadly-stereotyped poker cards. I can feel my holiday-homework-time slipping through my fingers! Ohyes. And UNSW Asia is closing. I think it's so ridiculous that they're just closing it like that without having proper afterprocedures for the students. When I read the article, I thought of our student forum. Haha. I was genuinely feeling frustrated for the students because they really believed in the school but the school did not "deliver as promised". Worse still, it's crazy that the school/authorities are not doing anything solid to solve the problems that their students are facing. I mean, what is "We should look forward, not backward." ?! WHEN MY SCHOOL IS CLOSING AND I DON'T HAVE ANOTHER SCHOOL TO GO TO, I DON'T LOOK FORWARD OR BACKWARD. I LOOK FOR A SOLUTION. I LOOK FOR THE AUTHORITIES. I LOOK FOR AN ANSWER. What kind of crap is "look forward"?!?!?! Does looking forward offer me a solution? Or give me a place in another school so that I can continue with my education, which the government, very ironically, is very very concerned about? As someone in our student forum said, "This forum comes with an open-door policy." It's like the UNSW Asia meeting that they had with their students to clarify doubts about the closing-down of the school. Yup, no doubt both the meeting and the forum were organised with an "open-door" policy in mind, but when the authorities say something like, "We should look forward, not backward." or "We'll refer this to the school management and we'll get back to you.", it's not an open-door policy anymore. IT BECOMES A WE-OPEN-THE-DOOR-AND-YOU-SHUT-IT-IN-OUR-FACES POLICY. I've said this during the forum, and I'll say it again. I mean, what is "we'll get back to you again"? Tomorrow? The following week? Next year? You cannot expect the students or parents to be happy with that ambiguous answer of keeping your line of vision frontal when education is concerned. For shallower reasons, money for the school fees are equally important to these people and should definitely be addressed. You cannot expect that the students or parents to be appeased when no absolute answers are given. No sane human being would say, "Okay, my school's closing. That's that." People have the right to be concerned, angry, emotional about this whole thing. So, if you wanna get this done and over with, pacify them. Soothe their emotions. Do whatever you can to get these people to be happy with your stupid answers, by hook or by crook. Just don't leave the students hanging like that. This is all I can say.
Ohwells. I'm not angry or anything you know, even though I may sound that way above. I'm just feeling frustrated for the students, because if I were in their shoes, I'll probably burn the school down. Anyway. I'm off to my holidaying now :D
|
|