|
Sunday, January 11, 2009 5:14 PM
OKAY OKAY. I KNOW. I promised I wouldn't post for the next ten years right. But here I am, not even 1/10 through my deadline, posting again. But, if I dont post, I figured I'll forget the memories, and that would really be devastating. (really, not exaggerating) I hate forgetting precious memories. That's why I have photos and I write so much. Okay.
It's been almost 2 months since OCIP Vietnam (!) and England trip. I shan't blog about England since it brings about not-so-nice memories, but all in all, I guess it was pretty okay. I got to know some people, got to despise some others, got to bond with Kendra...but that's about all that I really gained. It's sad, really.
Now! For happier times. Vietnam was a BLAST. I have no words to describe it. Really. The people were one-of-a-kind, man. Lemme list them out. (just so i won't forget)
1. Melina 2. Peter 3. Olivia 4. John 5. Josie 6. Weijie 7. Cecilina 8. Shane 9. Yijun 10. ZhongZhi 11. Melodie 12. Kaixiang 13. Genevieve 14. Angus 15. Dawn 16. Su-Anne 17. Evelyn 18. Mr Derrick Ong 19. Evelyn 20. Miss Joanne Tay
Okay i intended to list guys and girls alternately, but it seems we have too little men. HAHAHA. Anyway. The friendships forged were indescribable. My goodness, I feel so low-IQ for not being able to express the emotions that I have right now, remisnicing (i cant spell this word) about the whole experience. But I guess it's okay, because I will always know it in my heart :)
We said the funniest things, did the dumbest things, experienced almost about everything: from life to death(we saw the slaughter of a chicken), joy to sadness, introspection and retrospection, sweetness to sorrow, from feeling kinda noble to feeling inadequate after debriefs and teamtalks... I cannot bring myself to summarise everything, because I would feel so empty after that. And I cannot allow my memory archives of this to be emptied. It means too much.
Then after the trip we went back to school for overall OCIP debrief meeting, and we met all the other teams. Funnily enough, the closeness of the other teams were familiar yet strange. Like, for the past year (or close to a year), we'd been together as an OCIP Vietnam team, from planning the events to actually going there and coming back. And we nearly didn't have so much interaction with the other 3 teams, so when we saw the others, it was almost seeing a mirror image of ourselves being so tight and united, yet it was blatantly different, and I think everyone knew. We stuck to our own teams, rarely speaking to others even though they might be our classmates, we laughed at our own team jokes, comprehended fully our own team videos and presentation but failed to acknowledge the full meaning of the other 3 teams', etc. It was as though each team was so similar but yet so different and unique, and everyone who was there felt it. It may not apply to everyone, but that's how it was for me. But I'm really glad I was in the Vietnam one, because definitely, if I hadn't been there, it would be a totally different experience for me, and I don't know if I'll enjoy it that much (not meant to be demeaning towards the other teams, but still. allow me some biased-ness, thank you very much)
Despite what I've said above, I still think we have the OCIP spirit, no matter where we went or which team we belonged it. It was pretty obvious during the potluck , I think, when everyone was sharing food. Or during the Publicity Comm meeting, where we openly discussed what we thought and felt and there was almost no awkwardness even between people who did not know each other. Cool or not. HAHA.
And after that the team went for buffet because we had money left over. So we went to Park Royal hotel at Farrer Park, (or something like that), and sat at this really long long table. It was heartwarming to see the table, because it meant (to me), that a real TEAM was sitting there, if you know what I mean. Okay, maybe you don't. But it doesn't matter haha. I was sitting with Yijun on my right and Melodie on my right, and Peter and Kaixiang opposite me. It was fun talking to the guys haha, we cracked stupid jokes and talked about not-very-decent stuff. HAHA. and we witnessed a proposal CAN YOU BELIEVE IT. and melina was like "we cannot hear you!" to the guy proposing, so he had to say it really loud and his girlfriend agreed! It was uber cool, like you can witness someone else's life-changing event with a bunch of people that changed YOUR life. The moment I realised this in the restaurant, I was almost overwhelmed. It was almost like new parents witnessing their baby's birth, then the first step, and then the first word. We've been through so much in Vietnam and now we just experienced another event as a team. I think it'll be so sweet if the couple recalled their proposal one day and remembered this group of juveniles giving them support. I'd be so touched if they do :)
And so we bonded over food at the buffet ahahaha. And I got sa-boed into being the presentation speaker. Okay. Anyway. Then weijie was the open house i/c by chance, because we played open numbers hahaha. So he roped in su-anne, john and i to help him do the banner and souvenirs for the juniors. So the next day, john and i turned up to meet weijie. Su-anne couldnt make it because she injured herself. And three of us painted the banner and did pegs as the gifts. It was hilarious cause we talked about certain people and cracked stupid jokes. But we spent so long doing the banner it was excruciating haha. Then we went to have macs and took the train home. All the while talking silly stuff hahaha.
Okay i want to stop now. I can't believe how abrupt this is, but byebye.
|
|