|
Sunday, February 15, 2009 4:51 PM
<3 the OCIP Vietnam Team!!
Hahaha. Yesterday was local CIP day, so the team met at Lavender MRT in the morning. But as it turned out, only 11 of us were there. Apparently, a whole lot of the guys fell sick together, so they couldn't come. And others had training etc. BUT GUESS WHO RANKED THE TOP FOR "LOUSIEST EXCUSE FOR NOT TURNING UP FOR LOCAL CIP" ? Yeah. A certain someone broke his specs during rock-climbing training, and was blind so couldnt come in case he couldnt spot naked old ladies. Yeap.
Anyway. Dawn, Weijie and I were in the same group for local CIP, and we were assigned to visit houses from Block 9. So anyway. I expected to be really interacting with the old folks and speaking cantonese and everything, but sadly, I didnt speak a single word of it. Sadness. Because out of the 5 houses we were supposed to visit, none answered the door. Sheesh. And the houses were really creepy, cause there was one with a weird talisman over the door and it was splashed with red paint or whatever the red thing was. Another one had the HDB letter stuck under the door for 4 days without anyone collecting it, according to the date of issue that we saw on the letter. And before that, the lady in charge just told us that some may have died inside their homes without anyone knowing. So, Dawn, Weijie and I were totally looking at each other and silently communicating the possiblity of the guy dead inside the house. S-C-A-R-Y.
Oh. And even though we didnt manage to contact anyone given to us, I think we still did a good deed. We spotted an old lady sitting in her wheelchair outside her house, waiting. So we went over and talked to her, and discovered she was waiting for a van from the day-care centre or hospital to fetch her. To our horror, she said the van was coming at 7am. Note that by the time we were chatting with her, it was already 10am. Means she technically had been waiting there for 3 freaking hours. Shock like shit, okay. So the three of us decided to push her down to wait instead, and informed the people at the Peace Connect place so they could help her. So we left her there and promised that if the van did not come by 10.45, we would have to push her back home. At 10.45, she was still there, so as we headed towards her, we spotted this Indian guy in front of the wheelchair and the old lady digging in her bag. This is so cliched, but alarm bells really started to ring in my head. So we sort of sped up and went over to her, and seeing that we were approaching the old lady, his face looked a bit anxious and then he left, saying "nevermind". So Dawn said that he was probably asking the old lady for money. OMG THIS IS THE MOST DESPICABLE THING ANYONE CAN DO. AND ALL I CAN SAY TO THAT LOWLIFE IS THAT "YOU ARE THE MOST CONTEMPIBLE PIECE OF SHIT I'VE SEEN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. YOU DISGUST ME. I HOPE YOU GET QUARTERED IN HELL."
On a happier note. We went for lunch at Marina Square, and this time, Cess and John turned up, so at least there were more people around. But actually, John was half blind and he couldnt see all the interesting things/people that I saw, and he missed all the fun, HAHAHAH. We spent dont-know-how-long at Changing Appetites, and we talked damn a lot. :) :) :) It was freaking funny and everything that I could ask for from a team outing. We always find something to talk about, and the fun never stops :) :) :)
Then we had a hard time thinking what to do next, because a movie was out of the question since John couldnt see a thing (actually I offered to whisper the plot in his ear for 2 hours, but was un-politely rejected by a loud "NO!" by the recipient himself). So we wanted to go to Su Anne's house, then decided to go to Melina's house, and finally made the decision to go to Mr. Ong's house. Mel, Gen, Melina and I sat in his car while Cess, Josie, Kaixiang and Weijie cabbed. It was freaking funny in the car, where Gen kept talking about oral. (if you get what I mean, hahah.) She didnt mean it that way, she was talking about english oral, but Mr Ong just burst into laughter when he heard the word. OHWELLS. Men, and their capacity for porn.
So we went to Video-Ezy to rent "Juno" and "She's the Man" to watch since Mr Ong said he only has monopoly and scrabble in his house. So we watched it, played Bridge, played Dai Di, played Scrabble. Had fun! :)
Then for dinner, we went to Compass Point, since Kaixiang had $40 Delifrance voucher. Seeing that it couldnt pay for Weijie, Melina, Kaixiang, Mr Ong and myself, we went to the food court instead and decided to eat desert at Delifrance after that. Melina and I shared carrot cake. And let's not talk about the service. "Patience is a virtue, and so is tolerance", so I kept asking Melina to smile even though we were the typical dissatisfied customers who had a good mind to sue the auntie into oblivion. But then, when we got to Delifrance, the funniest thing on earth happened. Cause it was valentine's, so Delifrance had this special valentine's day menu with all the french names on it.
Chicken soup = Consumme de something Salad = Salade de Caesar Bread and butter pudding = poisson de pain Chocolate cake = fondant de chocolat jacques something Banana pie = something something banane et nuttes
Laughed our freaking asses off trying to pronounce it okay. Weijie ordered the banana pie thing, and he asked the waitress how to pronounce the dish, and she said "banana and walnut". HAHAHAHA I'M LAUGHING WHEN I'M TYPING THIS. It was hilarious shit, okay. You should have seen weijie's face. And then when the same waitress served the dish, she was like, "sir, your banana and walnut". HAHHAHAHA. wanna die.
Yeah. So that about concludes the local CIP day. To be honest, I was really looking forward to it, and I'm sad that it's over. I sorta got by the week by focussing my thoughts on going out with the team. OHWELLS. We'll have another one again, I'm sure :D Let's go Clarke Quay! HAHAH. Okay bye.
|
|