Fi

Hello. You're probably here because I'm avoiding you and you want to know what I'm up to. Well, I'm avoiding you.




Layout : CRUSHthespeaker
Blogger : 53-percent






Sunday, February 01, 2009 7:49 PM


Damn.

I was kinda inspired after reading deviantart's literature section.
So I attempted to write something, just to satisfy a narcisstic part of myself.

And lo and behold, I got writer's block.
Couldn't conjure up anything bordering on "worth reading".
Stared at the Word Document, typed one stanza (I decided on a poem), read the lines out and backspaced the whole thing. Repeated this cycle thrice with three different stanzas.

Disgusting piece of shit.
Saying I was frustrated is an understatement, man.
So I left the room for a while, went to walk around the house so I could stop fuming.
Then I came back, couldnt think of anything more interesting to write, and so I decided to be cliched for the 39248th time of the week, and wrote about "Writer's Block".

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Writer’s Block

It is the numbness

Of the temples

That first jolts the writer

Into reality


Followed by the tightness

In the throat

Of invisible words

That cannot be regurgitated


When this suffocation sets in

One braces to take position

In echelon

The writer knows it well


Then it is darkness

In the world of words

No more is inspiration

Cascading down waterfalls


Now blank as paper

The mind stops to ponder

The worthlessness of existence

If one does not write


Like digested matter

That does not exit the colon

Words that elude

Incite frustrating grievance


One can feel the

Brobdingnagian universe

Of words that will burst

Into a salvo of release


But when that fails to happen

It is the numbness

Of the temples

That one cannot escape

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I'm not extremely happy with this. But at least these 8 stanzas aren't those rubbish, gross things I came up with at the beginning. Those can be flung into the lower castes of the writing world as pariahs and untouchables.

I should now return to something more familiar and comforting-- checking my mail.
Bye.