I believe I have reached the zenith of my writing career. You cannot imagine how many freaking poems I've written the past few days, hahahha.
I've written for Condoleeza Rice, John, Dawn, DChong the love of my life, and I've written more sombre ones about grief and death, as well as drought, as inspired from my daily 6am channel newsasia-watching. Refer to the post below and you'll see another one about writer's block. A self-fulfilling prophesy, it is not.
And because I've almost exhausted my use of literary devices and rhyming words, I think I already gave back to my lit teachers all my life's knowledge about lit. My brain cells are seriously only operating on pure inspiration and adrenalin when I feel a poem coming on, they are no longer responding to much logic or reason.
So, after saying so much, this is my first, full-length love poem dedicated to a person whom I adore. (If, my special one, you're reading this, please close the window right now. I don't want to get expelled from school)
Lovesong
Oh Dave!
How you amaze me
You're my lifesaver.
For my chem results are grave.
Although you are so crazy
And somewhat gay
In my heart
You are forever sexy
Even though I hate the way
You say "Van der Valls"
I'll never abandon you
Come what may.
I love your lecture
Everytime I hear your voice
Loudly on the mike
I want to dance like Rapture
You make me want to tell
All my friends
How cool you were
When you poured, on chicken liver, conc HCL
When I see you
I laugh
I smile
I dont even suffer Monday blues
My lit teacher is going to
Say that this is cumulative listing
Done for emphasis
To that I say "IT'S TRUE!"
I'd willingly keep for you
A spot on a certain finger
So perhaps one day, you may
Offer me a box that's baby blue
And then we can give a feast
To celebrate
Our happily-ever-after
Of Beauty and the Beast!!
Anyone in my school will probably know who I'm talking about, and I really think I may jolly well get into trouble for this because from experience, teachers and PRINCIPALS read blogs of students. But AIYAH. If they had any common sense, they'll know it's just hormones. HAHHAHA.