Fi

Hello. You're probably here because I'm avoiding you and you want to know what I'm up to. Well, I'm avoiding you.




Layout : CRUSHthespeaker
Blogger : 53-percent






Saturday, March 28, 2009 5:36 PM


Many things have happened recently that has put all the triviality in life into perspective.
Perhaps I complain too much about stuff that's minor and insignificant.
Perhaps we all do, at some point in time.

But I've seen a lot happening these few weeks and even, months. Many emotions registered: shock, realization, misery, awe, sympathy, empathy, joy. The culmination of these events actually reminded me of what I was taught last year by Joshua--to not take anything for granted.

1. Watching the Chris Daughtry video always gives me goosebumps, because my view zooms out and I see the big picture, of the people that need help and the people who can give help. Not to mention OCIP presentation-- the process of preparing, rehearsing and working with others has already taught me so much.

2. Looking at photographs that mark all the different points of my life, I recognize the people who have been there throughout. I reflect on the mistakes I've made. I rejoice the events that have shaped me for who I am.

3. I observe the people around me. And through people-watching, I gain a lot. I grow by watching how these people go about their everyday lives. On the bus, on the train, in the school. I always think we are all linked in one way or another. The world is small, we'll never know if that bus driver is our uncle's son-in-law's nephew.

So yeah. These are my thoughts that have formed from the past few months of my life. This will become part of me. I will keep these lessons in my head, because they have always repeated themselves (in retrospect).

On a separate note, I'm beginning to feel, for the first time, that Shameer deserves every result that he gets. Not that I didn't think he deserved it, but it's the first time I feel that he really really worked his ass off for every stroke that got him all his "A"s. I respect that, a lot. He is a success story. A real -life, in-my-face lesson.