|
Sunday, June 21, 2009 12:33 PM
My cousins are coming down this friday/saturday from China. When I slashed that friday-saturday, it meant that both sets of cousins, both paternal and maternal, are coming down that weekend. From the same school, same sports team, same housing estate, both sides related to me. Amazing, no?
Before that, they didn't even know of each other's existence. Until my maternal cousin noticed the surname "Tam" which he thought was unique, so he just decided to ask. Lo and behold, it came full circle. I still can't believe it, you know. They're really close friends, both facebook like mad, have pictures taken together, and I'm glad.
It's extremely comforting, to think that each family departed for China, first to different states, then for some reason, one shifted down to that same one, and happened to stay right opposite the other. When I first heard of this, I was reassured. Of the wonderful coincidences that happen around us. Of the delightful surprises that await us, no matter where we are. There should be a word to describe this. Maybe it exists, I just haven't found it yet. It's just another surprise to be discovered.
|
|