|
Monday, July 27, 2009 7:43 PM
Overheard (couldn't make out most of the words, so just snippets):
Random J1: "OCIP camp...punishment...hard work...seniors...discipline"
I thought it was just sad that we wouldn't be able to change her mind about it being punishment.
______________________________________________________________________________________________
On a separate note, we went to get Gen's present on Sunday :D Olivia was slated to come, but she didn't, so it was left with Weijie, John and I. Reached Orchard at around 11plus cause I went from school, so went to ION Orchard to take a look while waiting. Quite an eye-opener, really. Was struck by how ostentatious all the displays were and how big the plasma screens were showcasing models on the runway for many couture shops. There were a lot of people though, didn't appreciate that fact much. Squeezing with others is not my thing. But as I progressed upwards (trust me, there were a lot of stories to progress up to, even the lowest was Basement 4) the size of the crowd diminished, and I was able to tread the marble floors with enough silence to hear myself think. Good atmosphere for contemplation, really. Looking at people purchasing pineapple jams for $19.90 at the marketplace made my cogs turn. It was fun to walk through that place, having just recently finished reading "The Great Gatsby". Haha, strong strong links to the themes, man. But because of the reading, walking around the place triggered some thoughts that were a pleasure to take apart inside my head.
Whatever the case, Weijie arrived soon after so went to meet him. Saw these guys dressed in red suits. Quite a feast for the eyes haha!Weijie cracked this stupid joke about how a bulge can be seen if a hot woman walks past?! Geez, guys. And we just walked down to Taka while talking about what they did at Peter's house etc. Then went to Kinokuniya, browsed some books. Waited for John, who happily woke up late. Haha. Then when he arrived, we browsed for a while, checked out some funny-looking books, etc. Then we went to get Gen's book. What an ordeal that was, haha. Went to this book-finding machine, searched her name to find a book with her name as the title, and printed the store map out. But we couldn't find the book, despite asking a store assistant. But John picked up this uber-thick book on the shelf and we checked out the blurb, and it was quite interesting! Haha, so decided to get that one instead. So after paying, we decided for very long, what to have for lunch. First it was Ajisen, then curry rice, then Ajisen, then Yoshinoya. But really, I didn't know that Yoshinoya charged you for the drink, even after the countless beef bowls I've eaten. And Pepper Lunch closed down. Replaced by this "Tampopo" thing, which had us laughing for quite a while. Like, what the hell is "Tampopo"?! Hahahha. John went to get Auntie Anne's, then we went out of Taka to Isetan. Decided to catch a movie--The Hangover.
Bloody funny, I tell you. H-i-l-a-r-i-o-u-s. But not for chaste, untainted minds, really. Lots of nudity, coarse language, you get the drift. And the nudity was BLATANT. Like, full frontal, in-your-face kind. Quite disturbing to sit between the two guys. I didn't know where to look! Hahaa. But still, I burst out laughing all the same. Everyone should catch it. So after the movie, walked around somemore, went to Wheelock cause John wanted to look at slippers. Checked out Birkenstocks, NUM etc. He got distracted by this toy shop, though. Haha. I saw Living Dead Dolls inside, which was nostalgic, because there was one point in time where I wanted to get them, for some morbid reason. But I don't like them now, haha. They look...plastic. So then we just walked to the MRT station via ION Orchard. Almost lost the two of them, because I went over to Bread Society and they went to Li Ning. Then I went over to Li Ning to look for them while they came over to Bread Society to look for me. Funny. Boarded the train towards City Hall, then Weijie went towards the Tampines side, while John and I went to the Joo Koon side. There was this funny guy wearing sleeveless pink colour striped singlet who kept squeezing past the aisles, for motives still unknown to us. So weird please.
Alighted, bought seaweed shaker fries, then went home to crash. So tiring please. Haha. Kthxbai.
|
|