Fi

Hello. You're probably here because I'm avoiding you and you want to know what I'm up to. Well, I'm avoiding you.




Layout : CRUSHthespeaker
Blogger : 53-percent






Beijing
Friday, April 30, 2010 11:53 PM


Hey, 你好。I loved my trip to Beijing! I had the best time, because I was hosted and entertained by my two uncles who were staying there, so it made my trip very heartwarming :D

Anyway. I tried these.

Mutton sticks

Strangely-flavored potato chips

Scorpions and cicadas

And what I want to say is: They were very good. Slightly salted, extremely crispy and really kinda flavorful. I bought the scorpions first, then went back again for the cicadas. And if I had more time to muster up even more courage, I would have tried the bigger insects.

Thing is, when I tried all these crazy stuff, including the kiwi potato chips, I was chided for being silly and "looking-for-trouble". Which I thought was quite puzzling. I mean, I was just genuinely being adventurous. And why wouldn't someone want to try fish-flavoured potato chips? I'm not being anal or whatever, really, just trying to understand why I would get blamed for something that I tried purely for fun. The insects were really nice! It's entirely up to you whether you want to try it or not, in fact I went to buy the insects on my own. But I don't really appreciate being scolded or teased because I had the balls to try, and pay for, a little exotic roadside snack.

Okay anyway. I had a really great time, we went to the Great Wall and the Forbidden City and lots of bargain-able shopping places :D And of course I bought tons of DVDs which retailed for SGD$1.40 per disc. AWESOME :D