|
To JJ
Sunday, June 13, 2010 2:30 PM
To JJ:
I'm very sorry you have to leave WAB. I feel for you, really. I know how hard it is to leave everyone you love, everyone who's been there for you, every single friend and teacher. Especially since WAB is such an awesome place, even I want to be there.
I'm very sorry you have to leave the country where you've been for the past nine years. It's very difficult to cut everything off from that most precious period of your childhood and come back to this competitive, relentless rathole. Even though you volunteered to take the RI exam in the very first place, I still wished you could have stayed. I know you feel the same.
I saw pictures of your farewell party on Facebook. It reminded me of my own OCIP gatherings, where everyone was having fun and chatting at one long table. But the difference is, while we can always have another gathering, you guys will never be able to do it again. And my heart aches for you. I may look like I don't understand, but I do, really.
Daniel will miss you. And so will I. Even if you're coming back, I will miss you. The one who ate Honey Stars with me at nine o' clock in the night, the one who has the photo I don't even remember taking pasted on his wall, the one who gave such mature advice about career choices, the one whose bicycle I am too short to ride, the one who remembers our trip to the zoo nearly ten years ago ... I will miss you. I will miss the part of JJ that you left behind-- right there in China.
Love Fiona
|
|