Fi

Hello. You're probably here because I'm avoiding you and you want to know what I'm up to. Well, I'm avoiding you.




Layout : CRUSHthespeaker
Blogger : 53-percent






Thoughts
Monday, December 13, 2010 9:39 PM


I picked up Eh Goondu at the book fair yesterday for a quick browse, and to my surprise discovered that the word "Game", said when you finish a game or you've played your last card, is one that is uniquely Singaporean, or rather, unique to Singlish.

It's funny how I've never realized it because I've always been using it and ergo it was just normal to me. Other parts of the world and their languages probably work the same way as well, which is why we get slangs, proverbs and things like that.

On a separate note, remember seeing posters by the police picturing an old lady wearing a lot of gold jewellery as a warning for robberies? I never thought people would wear that ridiculous amount of gold outside, and basically just making themselves so obviously vulnerable to attack. But I was on the train the other day, and there was this woman, just the right age of about 50, with a gold necklace, two gold studs, multiple gold rings, and a gold bracelet. Not kidding. Everything was gold, and she didn't just wear one ring, she wore two rings on one hand, and on the other hand dangled the bracelet. She was literally the walking poster. I was so shocked and amazed at her display of...courage, that I just gaped. And it really is her own fault if (touch wood!) she gets robbed or pickpocketted, because if I were someone really desperate, and I saw her, it really would be pure temptation. It would be very sad, because she really did set herself up.

On yet another separate note, I have a ton of to-be-read books.